9.23.2010

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

One:
wooden plant stand found in the "free" pile at a yard sale.

















Two:
two wooden rounds - one is a piece of scrap lumber, the other is the bottom from a large cheese dome. 













I painted both rounds with cream colored semi-gloss paint.  I turned the large round from the cheese dome upside down so the smooth surface was on top.  I then applied porcelain crackle and raw umber glaze to the surface.  After I painted the scrap lumber round, I added a collage combination of vintage french book pages, wrapping paper and printed tissue paper. 

Two & 1/2:
I attached the collage round to the top and the painted plain round to the bottom.  I used wood glue as well as a screw through the center cross-pieces.  I countersunk the head of the screw so it wouldn't protrude.

















Three:
Here is the one of the two finished pieces - for sale at my spot at Faded Elegance.  Isn't it the cutest little side table?!





















Faded Elegance is having a fabulous Ten Year Anniversary Sale & Party on Friday, September 24 from 6-9 pm.  Get all the details at www.fadedelegancestyle.blogspot.com  Hope to see you there!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails