1.15.2013

Camaraderie, part 3

Last Monday I had my first photo shoot...as the photographer, not as the subject.  An artist friend of mine - Lisa Myers Bulmash, asked me if I would take some photos of her artwork...she admires the photos on my blog and thought I could work some magic for her.

First of all, I was extremely flattered...I think I do ok with my point & shoot but its no where in the professional arena...and I have learned a thing or two with Photoshop...but again, I'm still in the novice stage.

Second, Lisa has taken photos of her work for her blog and she's done a great job...I think she just needed a little nudging...but it gave us a chance to hang out for a morning and talk shop...always a benefit for an artist!

Winter in the Pacific NW can be very gray...and thus was this day...which made shooting with natural light a challenge. 


So we propped up white boards...and suspended canvases from string...and knelt down on the floor...ever under the watchful eye of Lisa's dog, Moxie...













Lisa's work is multi-dimensional...both in its physical construction and in its interpretation...I wanted to examine the layers of materials...and the depth of meanings...

And to thank me, Lisa gave me a print of this stellar collage...
Lisa will have her first solo art exhibit in May 2013 at the Mountlake Terrace Library...
find all the details HERE 
it will be on my calendar...how about yours?...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails